Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Standing Tall

I'm turning into one of them
Never realized I reached the point of no return
I won't waver, my esteem of self is solid and firm
I am magnificently stoic
I've already paid my dues
When the wind blows, my leaves barely rustle
My roots stretch deep and wide in the soil
No longer compelled to explain myself
Nor make excuses for the way I feel
Call me strict, but cannot deny my real
I walk with authority
No one can deny my worth
Body and mind developed and ready to give birth
Take me or leave me,
Cause I can stand alone
My nurturing spirit undeniable
I'm a safe place for growth and nourishment
I provide shade to the earth
And although I'll never look back
I can look down and around
Elevating those that care to reach where I'm at

No comments:

Post a Comment