Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Soft Fortress


I love how you curl into me.
You give weight to my skin.
Like vines winding up a castle wall,
your color adds life to my grey brick.
I once was rigid and stiff.
You make me flow and sway.
I used to have no visitors,
but now people come knocking at my door.
Curious
No doubt
At my open gates.
My moat now surrounded by flower beds,
crocodiles entertained by butterflies.
My once constricted throat at ease,
allowing unabashed tones to escape.
I keep my hand on my chest marveling at my weightlessness
feeling every vibration, tingle.
Scents are now curious.
They no longer hold their mystery,
finding their way deep into my fancy.
Their bravery soothing me,
allowing me to taste life.
My buds explode,
clearing my vision.
My paradigm shifted
all due to love.

2 comments:

  1. I really felt that. Good poem! I could see your emotions between the lines and that's VERY erotic! Me likey

    ReplyDelete