Thursday, October 21, 2010

b^ Ask Mary
I don't know where the seed came from, but it's there.
Some slick butterfly or bee musta dropped it in my lap.
And now the rain won't stop falling and the sun won't stop shinging.
I keep trying to cover the seed up so it won't grow
but it sure is hard to go against nature
And my body is uncontrollably yearning
Although my mind knows better.
"Not now" mind says as my emotions flit about.
A lost lullaby finds itself floating from my lips
"5 little monkeys jumping on the bed" play on my tongue
as I trace my features in the mirror.
I'll make em pretty.
All of a sudden - I pay super close attention to his ways.
I take the time to practice manipulation when he strays.
I'm curbing my sailor's tongue finally seeing
what's wrong with words of destruction and harshness
Olive oil not butter, Gym not TV, Romances not horror.
Just in case?
What is going on inside of me?
With all the protection in the world I feel it's inevitable
That pretty soon - I'ma have a little boy or girl
Ask Mary
It's impossible to fight fate
I just hope God has mercy and continues to let me wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment