Saturday, April 3, 2010

30 Things to do Before I'm 30

I've been ashamed of certain yearnings that I've had and made excuses for not wanting them. I either acted like I was too good to do something (like take eye candy pictures) or too humble to want something (get nominated for something). When I really analyze myself, there are a bunch of things that I want or want to do that will make me feel pretty cool. It doesn't matter to me why or what it may represent to somebody else. If I want to pose nude before I lose my youth so I can remember my body, so what? Who cares what my mother or some critic may think. I don't want to live with too many regrets that were avoidable. It may be pretentious to want 5,000 twitter friends, but the truth is, I feel cool that I maxed out my Facebook page and have 30,000 Myspace friends. Why am I pretending? In the same token, fear and laziness have stopped me from claiming other curiosities. I can't dance, so I don't want to look stupid taking salsa classes. it's not even about that - it's about learning something new and having fun and not hiding behind fear. I might always suck at it, but I bet I'll feel great in my high heels with a sexy flowing dress twirling around a little bit with somebody, so why not go for it?

With that being said, here is a list I posted on Facebook 2 months ago of 30 Things to do Before I'm 30. I will be 30 February 1st, and am proud to have done ONE thing on this list (#20 - start my blog). Yupee! With that being said, I need all of your support, so please help me achieve these goals any way you can! I'm going into my 30s a Queen, chin up, shoulders back, long strides.

1. Get a six pack
2. Invest in some stock
3. Get nominated for something
4. Mentor somebody
5. Get My Bio Done
6. Learn to ride a motorcycle
7. Spend a weekend on a yacht
8. Get 5,000 twitter friends
9. Help make somebody famous
10. Go see a pro football game
11. Pose for a national eye candy magazine
12. Live COMPLETELY alone
13. Learn to make sushi
14. Record a rap song (or a verse on one) LMAO
15. Join the mile high club
16. Forgive someone I HATE
17. Take nude pictures
18. Get a Brazilian (ouch!)
19. Share my poetry publicly at a spoken word venue
20. Start my blog
21. Take salsa classes
22. Go skydiving
23. Find a script to direct a full length movie
24. Make somebody $100,000.
25. Go white water rafting
26. Go to a 25 and over party
27. Get mentioned in a National Publication
28. Start writing my memoirs
29. Sing Karaoke by myself (never done that)
30. Finish 10 MYB Production Skits

"I got my feet on the ground, I don't go to sleep to dream." Help me get it!
PS: I'm 146lbs!!! :) Lost 6lbs in 4 days!!! :) I actually did P90X last night b4 I went to bed...probably NOT happening tonight. :(

3 comments:

  1. www.twitter.com/sistasypher --- help me reach goal 8!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol have you given any thought as to what song to do for karaoke? Also why don't you do the spoken word thing either this week or the next? I have a few ideas where you can go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do Sinaed O'Connor - Nothing Compares to You -- LOL! Unless you have another suggestion. As for spoken word - please let me know what you have in mind! I need to get that out the way -- it is scary!!! I need to go ahead and memorize a poem...

    ReplyDelete