Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sypher 360

Hey Friends,

Thank you so much for showing interest in my blog: Sypher 360.

A "cipher" is a puzzle that must be figured out. Sypher 360 is my journey to putting the pieces of the puzzle together. My aim is to inspire change and help people achieve success and self-awareness through this blog. I've been in the game for 12 years and am just now experiencing the joys and fruits of my labors and most importantly, my life. My goal is to share my life with you honestly so you can learn from all the mistakes I've made in the past and watch how they're being rectified and the challenges that come with it.

Many of you know me as Sypher or Sista Sypher or The Queen of the Mic. My titles have included (but are not limited to) Producer/Director for Video City in New York, On Air Personality for Foxie 107, Director of Marketing for Grip Magazine, Editor for Xcitement Magazine, Master of Ceremonies and DJ (for 1000s of events), Manager to several artists and models, Actress, Director, Assistant Director, & Writer. At 29 years old, I have been blessed with a lifetime of experience in the entertainment field.

The truth is, with all the bootleg celebrity that I have, I have gained moderate success to say the least. For someone that speaks several languages, been all over the world, held pretty prestigious positions, I don't have as much to prove for it as I should. My story is filled with great successes tainted with alcohol & drug abuse, dishonesty, bad relationships and self-hate. Those that KNOW me know this to be true - most of you don't know me and probably thought I had all my shit together as I struggled to achieve my dreams.

Since November of last year, my life took a 360 degree turn in the most wonderful direction. I read a book called "The Diamond Cutter" and suddenly all the mixed up puzzle pieces in my life started to come together. I've always been somebody that LOVED people, and for this, I believe I've been saved a horrible plight. The problem is, I didn't always know how to love people properly . This blog is one of self discovery, growth, and maturity and I am honored (though frightened) to share it with you. You will see me NAKED and I hope this will give you the strength to do what is necessary to not only be a happier more complete person, but to make your mark in the world in a profound way as I know I now have the tools to do.

There are 3 things that I am dedicating myself to for a full year starting today:
1) Practicing the laws of The Diamond Cutter book - if you haven't read it, GET IT NOW!
2) Exercising every day, eating well, and COMPLETELY stop smoking and drinking - My goal is to have a 6 pack by the time I'm 30 (February 1st 2011). As you know - one of the most challenging things, mentally and physically, is losing weight and achieving the body that you want, especially when you reach a certain age.
3)To stop saying NO to opportunities due to FEAR. I will set out to do EVERYTHING I've every dreamed of. (I'll post my 30 things to do before I'm 30 blog in a couple of days).

My theory is that if I dedicate myself to the principles of the Diamond Cutter (which i will explain more in detail each day) and grab my nuts and do things I was previously scared of (although I've just admitted it), I will be a powerhouse to be reckoned with. Not only will I be financially sound, but will be responsible for helping many others achieve well-balanced happiness and success. I want to die knowing that I put smiles on every face I came in contact with through empowerment.

With that being said - I will leave you with a poem that I wrote this morning:

My Life Twinkles
by Sonia "Sypher" Tyler

Waking up is a joy
Sleeping is too
It doesn't matter if my eyes are opened or closed
All the images I have are sprinkled with Pixie Dust
My Life Twinkles

Songs breeze effortlessly past my lips
I'm surrounded with excitement and hope
Even darkness is filled with wonder
What I can't see intrigues me

Set backs are more time to learn
Sick days force me to take time to read a new book
People's pain is my opportunity to make yet another person smile
Failure is closer to success

My face shines
I look in the mirror LOVE what I see
My imperfections are perfect, unique, and personal
I don't spend time trying to look good
cause I AM good.
My Life Twinkles

You can see it in my eyes
and the gleam of my smile
You can hear the twinkle doing back flips in my laughter
It vibrates on the sidewalk in my gay shadow

Lovers can't get enough
Fighters relax and breathe
Skeptics have a mind freeze
Liars have no need to talk
Haters let the chip fall
Fronters find peace in the truth
Children gain confidence
Women stop complaining
Men explore their soft side
Dogs nestle as a cat purrs

I'm like the cool breeze in the scorching sun
You feel relief as it dances across your skin
At that single moment, you know, life is worth living

I'll be back tomorrow!!! Just so you know - I am 151lbs today and just started a diet and did Day 1 of the P90X!!!!

7 comments:

  1. yes your name does fit you very well! you are like a cat to me meaning if you take a cat out of its habitat and put it in ANY you will know how to adapt. i have watched your resume going on for the past 6 years and i can say whatever you put your mind and hands on you did it well. as for fears i think that is something we get when you are young and your parents tell you there are CHOICES we have to make but if you really look at it we really dont have a choice in most of the stuff we have in front of us failure is not an option to us plus you dont want the next CAT coming along and taking what was suppose to be yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! The truth is sis - I think there is enough for all the cats to have their cat nip. I think that was one of the underlying blockages I had in coming up - being afraid of competition. Lately I realized that the more I help someone just like me get to where they need to go, the better off I am. I don't need to be competitive (despite the competition). I've had people take many of my jobs in shiesty ways and it make me want to protect myself to the point of selfishness. Lately I've been sharing all of my resources, and it's making all the difference. That's something I learned in the Diamond Cutter. That's also something I've noticed you do. You've always given me a lick whenever you could. Thank you. I appreciate you Adrielle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok first off Google Profile is the most insane thing ever lol. Kudos to you for having the heart and courage to go through with this. I don't think it's boring, it's great for a start so everyone can get an idea where you're coming from. I think that this will be great for you. I'm not exactly sure what you can or can't add to these blogs but perhaps you can pepper it with some of your favorite things, a little more detail about what you do and the struggles you run across from day to day. Tracking your workout results each week may or may not be fun for you but it might be interesting to see how you're doing with it. Or perhaps a little something creative every day/couple of days. These are just suggestions for the long haul, you've done really well on your first blog! Keep up the good work, this should be a pretty good ride lol! I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks TONY! I've got some great stuff for today - just want more of the day to pass before I post. LOL! suggestions!!! I'm following ALL of them!!! By the way! I lost 2lbs!!! I'm at 149 this morning! I just don't want to get stuck checking out my weight cause it's more about a look to me... I also decided to CUT somebody OFF so I've got some juice for you later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well done, you inspired me. I like the flow n bold use
    of words. One thing though, as much as you want to be naked never hand you enemy a knife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amiete, you ain't lying girl! Thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom. Quite honestly, the nakedness is the scariest part for me. I need to find balance in telling what's happening as I protect the players involved and show my weaknesses. As for my enemies? I don't have anymore...despite this next blog you're going to read...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proud of you! I'm in a time of transition and setting goals as well. Its so hard with all of the forces out there pulling us in different directions. Remember most of all to be compassionate and forgiving toward YOU. This is something I also struggle with. I give so much--forget about myself sometimes. Drive the same energy you put into helping others toward compassion and lovingkindness towards you... Which all the meditating, healthy food, and movement is surely an example of. I'm proud of you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete